February 2009
Hey all! Isn't my blog real cute? That's because I've got Holly, Cheryl, & Marci on the scene. Real sad when I am so technologically retarded that I have to call in the forces to "make me pretty!" So...great big shout out to the Malmgren Girls - You Rock!
Things on "the farm" have been a lot crazy lately. It all started with Barbara. (The chicken). First, she got wounded and had a broken foot/wing. So, since Boyd was heartless and wouldn't let me take her right to the vet, I had to take matters into my own hands. (Which means I made HIM go get Barbara, and take her to her new home...the cat house.)
So for a couple of nights, the cats..Baby, Baby II, Kyler, & Trey were evicted and none too happy. Then, when it got really really cold, I decided that maybe they could all share the cat house, and shocking...they co-habitated peacefully! Two weeks later, Barbara was well enough to go "home" from the Hatch-Hospital. But....they other hens, in a fit of jealous rage started pecking her almost to death!! So Barb now lives peacefully, by herself, in the horse trailer. (Happy Ending!)
Let's move on to Ned, Shirlene, & Black Beauty. (The Horses, or as I like to call them...freakin' idiots!) They knocked down the gate separating them from the Neighbors horses, (apparently for the 2nd time), while Boyd was, of course, out of town. So, I took matters right into my own hands, and informed the neighbor lady that although I married a farmer, yeah, I'm not exactly one, and so good luck on that fence mending, let me know if I owe ya any money.
Now for the dogs. Heffer, bless her heart, has learned that she can flat footed jump the fence, thereby allowing herself to come and go as she pleases. And sweet purdy, is to "fragile" to do that. So Heffer has free reign of the house, when I go into town, so that when I come home, I still have a dog.
The kids. Hadley is on antibiotics for a massive double ear infection, and Tanner is on a different antibiotic for an ear infection and bronchitis. Bet ya can just imagine those runny diapers right about now! Yummy!
Let's talk the cats. All 3 of my "gals" are in heat. So, for Saturday morning activity, Boyd sat on top of the hay stack and tried shooting the incoming "Toms" with his "22". So, if anyone needs "Easter Kittens" let us know! My front porch smells like a urinal. Life is great!
Last week I got pulled over in the school zone. Only a LOT humiliating. But, long story short, I thought I'd make him "earn" his money, so I made him talk to my kids about the importance of wearing our seatbelts. Totally backfired. Hadley told him we wear them so Johnny Law doesn't take her mom to jail!! True Story.
On a positive note...I have discovered the Flylady.com. Only the snazziest cleaning website and tips around. You should see my bedroom! You can actually see it!!
Hopefully next month will be full of healthy chickens, & kids, clean houses and driving records, horses and dogs staying in the "corral" they should be in, & minimal kittens!
Hatch's ....out.
9 years ago
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteEmilee - you are not technilogically retarded! We (Holly, Marci, and I) have just spent way too much time on blogspot! Glad to help in anyway we can. You are too funny!
ReplyDeleteI really will pray for you and your cats. I will ask that you will not have more cats than you can handle (yes, there is nothing in the world that smells worse than cats - except rotting flesh). You make a great "farmer's wife"! I hear you may have some extra "chex" on hand. If I get desperate and can't find any in Utah - can I buy some from you? Love ya!
Oh Emilee how I miss you so!! Your the best! Your kids are so darling. I'm sure glad all is well with the animals! I invited you to the blog today so yay we can keep in touch! Love Ya
ReplyDeleteEmilee, I love you, and miss you! So many good memories. So happy to see you blogging!
ReplyDeleteOkay, so I'm blog snooping and happen to see your link. Then I notice there's a link to my blog on yours. Sooooo, can I add you to mine? I was so tickled to see you're in the blogging world. Your family is so stinkin' cute! Can I just say I'm impressed with your farmer wife skills? I had no idea you had that setup! I talked with your mom awhile ago and she said you're living in Winnemucca. My husband has some fond memories of that town. :o)
ReplyDeleteI am just now finding that you have a blog. I am excited! Your kids are getting so big, I can't believe it! I look forward to reading more adventures of your life on the ranch!
ReplyDelete