Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New arrivals at the Hatch Farm!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Well, the last month or so has been really "productive". We bought 22 more chicks right at Easter time, including the always adorable Easter Chicks that come brightly painted. The kids LOVED them!
The past couple of weeks, we have had three litters of kittens, all adorable, or course. I'm trying to talk Boyd into selling them on ebay. I figured we could get top $$ if we advertised them as "free range, organic" cats. So, in the cat house we have (1) Baby - and her 4 kittens, (2) The Dragon Lady (formerly known as "Stupid" until the kids informed me that was a BAD word, - with her ??? kittens, ( I can't get to them yet!) and (3) Trey (Sorry, we ran out of female names last year in our litter.) and her 2 kittens. We've only named one so far...He belongs to Trey and is black with a white stripe down his face, so his name is "Pepe-Lah-Pew" cuz he looks like a skunk! I'll get some pics. of my organic, free range kittens posted soon, and by soon I mean, maybe before we get rid of them.
We had a great Easter, Boyd and I were tending the Sullivan kids, Hunter, Haydn, & Halle, so we had extra's at our little home, which is kind of the "norm" around here. We went Saturday morning to the church for an Easter brunch and an egg hunt, then back to the house. That afternoon we had Easter pics, with the kids and the new chicks, and we "rented" a goat, (ok, borrowed one) for the pics. also. It was real cute. Then we had a really nice BBQ (or as Lynelle would say, you grilled, not BBQ'd), with The Allreds, Rowberrys, Buskers, Brocks, and Sullivans. That was followed by the funnest Easter egg hunt ever! The kids had so much fun. Then...on Sunday, we went to church and afterwards we went "shooting" yes I said "shooting" our hard boiled eggs with the Roberts, and Allreds. It was such a great weekend. Whew...I'm getting tired reliving it.
The chicks were finally evicted from the house, when it started smelling like a chicken coop, and they now live in the horse trailer, until big daddy can get their "coop" fixed up real nice. Luckily, Barbara has recovered and is now back in with the flock, although they are so mean to her, and she will be living in the new hen house when phase 2 is completed.
As for the three stooges...(the horses)...nothing new to report. And of course, the dogs are still wonderful.
So, I guess some of you "human lovers" probably want an update on those little Hatchlings. Tanner had a fabulous 2nd birthday. He had a Diego cake (Made mostly by me!) He had fun opening his gifts and being the superstar. He is so smart and so cute and so destructive. My new computer screen has permanent black marker on it, courtesy of my little artist. He is starting to speak really well, although he isn't quite saying his "s" sounds yet. So a snake is a "nake" and a horse is a ...well...you know. It presents a small challenge taking him out in public, what with prostitution being legal and everything. You don't know if he is seeing a horse or a ...well...you know. His diet consists mostly of dog food, dog water, crayons, a few fruit snacks, green beans, and chocolate milk. He is really tall for his age (must be the dog food), wearing a 3T before he hit age 2! We think he's about the cutest thing ever!
Hadley is 4 1/2 going on 17. She is annoyed most days with her dad, and PMS's regularly. She uses phrases such as "she is my BFF", he thinks he is such a rockstar, and you just said the "F" word!, or the "G" word, or the "W" word. She doesn't know what the word is...she just knows is causes a reaction. She is just finishing up her first year of Pre-K, and it has been such a wonderful experience for us. I cannot believe the growth and the power of peer pressure at such a young age. Her friends are getting clicky and I hate the drama. She loves going to school most days, and I love her going to school most days!

We are SO blessed to have the 2 most wonderful kids ever!!

OK, that's all I have to say. Gosh. I really am gonna try to be more vigilant in my postings, it's just that nothing dramatic happens around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment